Spin Digital with Immersify at Ars Electronica Festival 2018
As a member of the Immersify project consortium, Spin Digital participated in the Ars Electronica Festival 2018 in Linz from September 6 to 10. This year the project’s progress was presented in the form of a panel session and screenings in the Deep Space 8K of the Ars Electronica Center.
Berlin, September 11, 2018
Immersify: Next Generation Immersive Media
Immersify is a European R&D consortium funded by the EU’s Horizon 2020 program. The project is developing cutting-edge tools for allowing the next generation of immersive media applications. The ongoing progress of R&D was presented in the form of demos in the Deep Space of the Ars Electronica Center:
- Two timelapse videos, one of Los Angeles – Pano LA 10K – by Joe Capra (Scientifantastic) and the other of Atacama Desert in Chile by Martin Heck (Timestorm Films).
- The latest PSNC’s 8K productions featuring Poznan racetrack and winter shots at negative temperatures in the Karkonosze Mountains.
- Prima Materia from NOHlab, a stereoscopic piece taking the audience on an audiovisual journey.
Panel Discussion: “Immersify: Content and Tools for Next Generation Immersive Media”
Moderated by Roland Haring from Ars Electronica Futurelab (AT), the panel consisted of the following presentations:
- “Video Codecs for Immersive Media: 8K and Beyond” — Mauricio Alvarez-Mesa / Spin Digital (DE)
- “Ultra-high Resolution and Immersive Content Production” – Maciej Glowiak / PSNC (PL)
- “Immersive Experiences: Initiatives in Cinema Theatres, Festivals and Location Based Entertainment” – Cécile Dumas / Marché du Film – Festival de Cannes (FR)
- “8K Efforts towards 2020 in NHK and NHK Group” – Kenji Sugawara / NHK Media Technology (JP)
- Q&A Session
This activity has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 7620799 (www.immersify.eu).