Berlin, Tokyo: January 26th 2018: Spin Digital and AZLAB will present the world’s first single PC 16K Media Player at ISE 2018. A demonstration will be presented from February 6th to 9th at the RAI Convention Centre in Amsterdam at the booth 14-K145.
16K for the Next Generation of Very Large Screen Applications
16K video, with a spectacular resolution of 15360 x 8640 pixels, enables a new generation of very large screen applications such as ultra-high resolution videowalls, giant projection systems, immersive displays, and true immersive VR.
16K using a HEVC Software Codec and Media Player on a Single PC
Spin Digital has further optimized its HEVC decoder and video render for very high performance on new processor architectures. It makes possible now to playback 16K video using a software only solution running on a single PC.
16K HEVC playback goes beyond the current capabilities of RAW media servers. With Spin Digital software it is possible to play very high quality 16K content encoded with HEVC at a very low bandwidth and reduced storage cost.
16K Video Demonstration
The system to be demonstrated has the following features:
- Resolution: 16K (15360 x 8640 px)
- Frame rate: 60 fps
- Pixel format: 4:2:0, 10-bit
- Compression: HEVC at 400 Mbps
- PC and display:
- CPU: 2x Intel Xeon Scalable Platinum 8168 (2×24 cores)
- GPU: 4x Nvidia M4000
- Display: 16x 4K Monitor Dell 27” Dell UltraSharp U2718Q
16K Content by AZLAB
AZLAB has a recognized expertise in producing UHD content based on cutting-edge software technologies, and has prepared special 16K content for this demonstration.
Contact and Meet us: Booth 14-K145
Spin Digital, AZLAB, and TJC teams will be at ISE. Arrange a meeting with us to learn more about the 16K media player, or discuss how Spin Digital, AZLAB, and TJC can help you to move your video applications to the next level using cutting-edge software solutions.
- Mauricio Alvarez Mesa, CEO – mauricio(at)spin-digital.com – spin-digital.com
- Kazunobu Azuma. CEO. AZLAB. – azuma(at)co.jp – http://www.azlab.co.jp/en/index.html
- Taketoshi Kariya. Director, Executive Officer. TJC – tkariya(at)tjc.ne.jp – http://www.tjc.ne.jp/en
This activity has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 7620799 (www.immersify.eu)