Spin Digital Video Technologies GmbH (Spin Digital) will present at IBC 2017 a new generation of its advanced HEVC/H.265 software solution for ultra-high definition video: 4K, 8K, and beyond.
A demonstration will be presented from September 15-19 at the Amsterdam RAI at Hall 1 Booth 1.F11.
HEVC Media Player for 8K Ultra High Quality Video
Spin Digital is going to present a new version of its media player, capable of processing very high quality HEVC/H.265 video using a software solution on a PC-based system. The media player is based on Spin Digital’s ultra-High performance HEVC/H.265 Decoder and Video Rendering Engine. Two main demonstrations of 8K media player will be presented:
- 8Kp120,4:2:0, 10-bit: 8K video with High Frame Rate (up to 120 fps). Spin Digital media player is ready for processing HFR at 8K resolution with 10-bit video. As the video resolution is increasing from FHD to UHD-4K and UHD-8K, the frame rate has to increase as well in order to maintain the dynamic image definition. HFR provides smooth motion representation, and clear details in fast motion objects.
- 8Kp60, 4:4:4, 12-bit: ultra high quality 8K video with 12-bit and 4:4;4 color format for professional media applications. New optimizations allow to decode and render 8K high quality video using a single socket PC. 4:4:4 and 12-bit is needed for applications requiring maximum quality preservation. Spin Digital media player allows to create cost-effective systems for professional broadcasting, post-production and large screen display applications.
HEVC SDK: Ultra-high performance video decoding
A new version of Spin Digital HEVC SDK will be presented with additional optimizations for maximum performance on recent PC platforms. A multi-stream HEVC decoder will be presented which is able to decode multiple 4K & 8K HEVC videos on a single system. Ideal for monitoring applications, consolidating multiple video decodings on a single PC.
- Multi-8K HEVC decoder: decode up to 3x 8Kp60 HEVC videos on a single system
- Multi-4K HEVC decoder: decode up to 14x 4Kp60 HEVC videos on a single system
Spin Digital’s HEVC SDK is available as C/C++ libraries and DirectShow filters, and also includes a video rendering engine.
Contact and Meet us: Booth 1.F11
Arrange a meeting with us to learn more about our products, see a demo of our 8K media player, or discuss how Spin Digital can help you with the transition to UHD video with HEVC software video codecs.
- Mauricio Alvarez Mesa, CEO – mauricio(at)spin-digital.com – www.spin-digital.com
- Contact and sales in Japan: Taketoshi Kariya, Executive Officer – tkariya(at)tjc.ne.jp – www.tjc.ne.jp/en