[Berlin/Cannes: May 3rd 2018] Immersify, the European R&D project to develop the next generation of immersive media and tools, will be at NEXT, the innovation hub at the Marché du Film – Festival de Cannes, from Tuesday May 8th to Sunday 13th. Read more
Spin Digital Video Technologies GmbH delivers advanced software media player with support for 8K and 16K video that runs on Intel-based workstations
Las Vegas-April 8, 2018 10 AM PST – – Specialized in UltraHDvideo 4K/8K codecs, media player and media applications, Spin Digital has unveiled its latest 16K media player based on Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors at NAB 2018. Read more
Spin Digital at NAB 2018
Spin Digital Video Technologies GmbH (Spin Digital) will participate at NAB 2018 from April 9-12 at the Las Vegas Convention Center at South Upper Hall, Booth SU13612.
Spin Digital is going to present demonstrations of its HEVC software solutions including: 8Kp60 media player on a compact PC, Multi-UHD HEVC Decoder on a single PC, and HEVC Encoder for 360° video. Read more
March 1th 2018: Spin Digital will participate at Tampere Film Festival 2018, one of the most important European short film festivals, that will take place in the Finnish city of Tampere from March 7th to Sunday 11th 2018. Read more
Immersify – Innovative technologies for Virtual Reality
(January 18, 2018) Virtual Reality (VR) has what it takes to be the next big game-changer in the media sector. In stark contrast to video, TV and the movies, VR applications promise experiences that are not only more intense but, above all, interactive and individual too. Be that as it may, a considerable amount of R&D work still needs to be done to haul VR out of the niches it’s been confined to and launch it on its way to a huge consumer market share. Read more
Spin Digital will be part of the HiPEAC conference that will take place in Manchester, UK from January 22-24 2018 at the Manchester Central Convention Center.
Spin Digital CEO Mauricio Alvarez-Mesa will give a talk on Monday Jan. 22nd at 11:30 am as part of the PEGPUM worskhop, and another one on Wed. Jan 24th at 10:20 am as part of the TISU workshop Read more
Spin Digital Video Technologies GmbH will participate at InterBEE 2017 from November 15-17 at the Makuhari Messe in Tokyo, at the booth 8105.
Spin Digital, together with Technology Joint Corporation (TJC), is going to present demonstrations of the new versions of its HEVC solutions including: 8K media player, SDK, and encoder. Read more
Spin Digital Video Technologies GmbH (Spin Digital) will present at IBC 2017 a new generation of its advanced HEVC/H.265 software solution for ultra-high definition video: 4K, 8K, and beyond.
A demonstration will be presented from September 15-19 at the Amsterdam RAI at Hall 1 Booth 1.F11. Read more
Spin Digital has joined recently the Motion Pictures Expert Group (MPEG), the well known media standardization group of the ISO/IEC, that has developed jointly with ITU-T the latest video coding standards such as H.264/AVC and HEVC/H.265.
Spin Digital joined the 119th MPEG meeting that took place in Turin, Italy from July 23 to July 21th 2017 at the Politecnico di Torino. Important meetings took place about (among others):
- HEVC v5: A new version of the HEVC standard will appear soon including new features such as Supplemental Enhancement Information (SEI) messages for 360 video, and motion constrained-tile set (MCTS) extraction.
- Future video coding: The JVET committee has recognized that there is enough evidence of video coding capabilities beyond HEVC, and, therefore it created a draft for the call for proposals to develop a future generation video codec. It is expected that the new video coding standard will be finished by the end of 2020, and will provide better quality and compression than HEVC for higher resolution video, HDR, and 360 degree video.
- OMAF: The MPEG systems group advanced the draft of the Omnidirectional Media Application Format (OMAF), that will be the first industry standard for Virtual Reality and 360 degree video. Extensive discussions took place about the video projection formats, and the profiles that will be part of the first version of the standard.
More information :
- New versions of HEVC: JCT-VC document site
- Future video coding: JVET document site
- OMAF: MPEG OMAF site (relatively outdated version)
Spin Digital will participate at the Sunny Side of the Doc 2017, an industry-leading international marketplace dedicated to documentary and specialist factual across all platforms, that will take place at the Espace Encan in La Rochelle (France) from June 19th to 22nd 2017. Read more