March 1th 2018: Spin Digital will participate at Tampere Film Festival 2018, one of the most important European short film festivals, that will take place in the Finnish city of Tampere from March 7th to Sunday 11th 2018. Read more
Immersify – Innovative technologies for Virtual Reality
(January 18, 2018) Virtual Reality (VR) has what it takes to be the next big game-changer in the media sector. In stark contrast to video, TV and the movies, VR applications promise experiences that are not only more intense but, above all, interactive and individual too. Be that as it may, a considerable amount of R&D work still needs to be done to haul VR out of the niches it’s been confined to and launch it on its way to a huge consumer market share. Read more
Spin Digital will be part of the HiPEAC conference that will take place in Manchester, UK from January 22-24 2018 at the Manchester Central Convention Center.
Spin Digital CEO Mauricio Alvarez-Mesa will give a talk on Monday Jan. 22nd at 11:30 am as part of the PEGPUM worskhop, and another one on Wed. Jan 24th at 10:20 am as part of the TISU workshop Read more
Spin Digital Video Technologies GmbH will participate at InterBEE 2017 from November 15-17 at the Makuhari Messe in Tokyo, at the booth 8105.
Spin Digital, together with Technology Joint Corporation (TJC), is going to present demonstrations of the new versions of its HEVC solutions including: 8K media player, SDK, and encoder. Read more
Spin Digital Video Technologies GmbH (Spin Digital) will present at IBC 2017 a new generation of its advanced HEVC/H.265 software solution for ultra-high definition video: 4K, 8K, and beyond.
A demonstration will be presented from September 15-19 at the Amsterdam RAI at Hall 1 Booth 1.F11. Read more
Spin Digital has joined recently the Motion Pictures Expert Group (MPEG), the well known media standardization group of the ISO/IEC, that has developed jointly with ITU-T the latest video coding standards such as H.264/AVC and HEVC/H.265.
Spin Digital joined the 119th MPEG meeting that took place in Turin, Italy from July 23 to July 21th 2017 at the Politecnico di Torino. Important meetings took place about (among others):
- HEVC v5: A new version of the HEVC standard will appear soon including new features such as Supplemental Enhancement Information (SEI) messages for 360 video, and motion constrained-tile set (MCTS) extraction.
- Future video coding: The JVET committee has recognized that there is enough evidence of video coding capabilities beyond HEVC, and, therefore it created a draft for the call for proposals to develop a future generation video codec. It is expected that the new video coding standard will be finished by the end of 2020, and will provide better quality and compression than HEVC for higher resolution video, HDR, and 360 degree video.
- OMAF: The MPEG systems group advanced the draft of the Omnidirectional Media Application Format (OMAF), that will be the first industry standard for Virtual Reality and 360 degree video. Extensive discussions took place about the video projection formats, and the profiles that will be part of the first version of the standard.
More information :
- New versions of HEVC: JCT-VC document site
- Future video coding: JVET document site
- OMAF: MPEG OMAF site (relatively outdated version)
Spin Digital will participate at the Sunny Side of the Doc 2017, an industry-leading international marketplace dedicated to documentary and specialist factual across all platforms, that will take place at the Espace Encan in La Rochelle (France) from June 19th to 22nd 2017. Read more
Spin Digital will present an 8K HEVC video playback demonstration featuring Wide Color Gamut at After NAB 2017. The event will take place from June 1st to 2nd 2017 at the UDX Gallery in Akihabara, Tokyo. The demonstration is presented with the support of TJC at the ELSA booth.
Spin Digital, in cooperation with TJC Asia and Media Village, will present an 8K HEVC video playback demonstration at Broadcast Asia 2017, to take place from May 23rd to 25th 2017, at the Suntec Singapore Exhibition Centre. Booth 6G4-04.
8K Media Player Demonstration
A software media player capable of reproducing ultra-high quality 8K 60 fps with 4:2:2/4:4:4 10-bit video will be demonstrated. A new 8K monitor from Dell will be used to showcase high quality 8K video content from NHK Media Technology (NHK MT), and Poznan Supercomputing Center (PSNC).
The media player supports high-end features required by professional users including:
- UHD resolutions for 4K, 8K, and beyond
- Contribution and distribution formats: 4:2:2, 4:4:4, and RGB, with 10- and 12-bit
- Support for High Dynamic Range (HDR10) and Wide Color Gamut (BT2020)
8K delivers immersive and absorbing experiences that are currently not possible even with 4K. 8K applications include UHD-TV, next generation VR, and very large screen display.
Spin Digital has developed the most optimized HEVC/H.265 decoder implementation, the only one in the market able to provide high-quality 8K in real-time using a CPU software solution. Spin Digital media player combined with the new Dell 8K monitor creates a cost-effective ready-to-use solution for 8K video.
Contact and Meet us: Media Village booth: 6G4-04
Arrange a meeting with us to learn more about our products, see a demo of our 8K media player or discuss how Spin Digital, TJC and Media Village can help you with 8K video solutions.
- Mauricio Alvarez Mesa. CEO. Spin Digital – mauricio(at)spin-digital.com
- Akihide Nagara. Director TJC Asia – anagara(at)tjc-asia.com
A software media player capable of reproducing ultra-high quality 8Kp60 video was demonstrated by Spin Digital at Intel booth during NAB 2017.
The media player is based on a software HEVC/H.265 video decoder by Spin Digital that runs entirely on an Intel Xeon CPU.
Spin Digital’s HEVC decoder software has been extensively optimized for Intel CPUs in order to achieve an unparalleled level of performance. The software is able to play 8K video at 60 fps with 4:4:4 10-bit format in real-time, running on a standard PC.
High quality 8K video content from NHK Media Technology (NHK MT) and Poznan Supercomputing Center (PSNC) was presented on an 8K UHD surface of almost 120 inches made with four 58-inch 4K TVs in a 2×2 setup.
You can watch an interview with our CEO Mauricio Alvarez-Mesa during NAB 2017.